Templar Shield is working with a client in Manassas, VA in need of a Vulnerability Management Analyst to assist with continued operation of their systems. Protect the end-client’s network against unauthorized access, modification of data, and suspicious activity. The Vulnerability Management Analyst will be required to continuously manage and monitor these systems to ensure they are functioning as expected and to analyze/respond to alerts as they occur.
*Direct hire or long-term contract opportunity, ONSITE required*
The ideal candidate will:
- Perform vulnerability scans and develop applicable vulnerability reports for internal systems.
- Analyze scan results and engage with stakeholders to resolve identified vulnerabilities; document exceptions, and false positives.
- Communicate appropriate vendor and scan system recommended solutions as part of comprehensive remediation solutions.
- Follow-up with owners to ensure remediation efforts are consistent with policy and escalate instances of noncompliance.
- Experience operating vulnerability and compliance scanning tools such as WebInspect, Tenable Nessus Security Center, Tripwire, etc.
- Track progress of vulnerability remediation with responsible stakeholders and support teams.
- Perform deep-dive analysis of vulnerabilities leveraging data from various sources; analyze data sources and provide recommendations for optimal reports.
- Perform configuration and deployment of vulnerability scanning and network assessment tools
- Work with Cybersecurity staff to troubleshoot performance and connectivity issues with network scanning and security assessment tools.
- Work with Cybersecurity staff to evolve the Security Operations continuous monitoring toolsets and reporting to provide better vulnerability insight.
- Research vulnerability impact or remediation. Provide comprehensive analysis back to leadership.
- Present vulnerability reports to cross-functional stakeholders, to include Cybersecurity leadership.
- Perform other official duties as assigned.
Certifications Desired / Preferred:
CISSP, GIAC, CCE, ECIH, CEH
Please apply or message Maya.Levine@TemplarShield.com if interested in this opportunity.